Skip to main content

Victories: In My Head At Least

So yesterday I painted my own toenails...why is this news you ask?

Before I would have someone else do it because I couldn't bend over like that or breathe when I did it. But yesterday I did it and never lost my breath and bent like a pretzel with no discomfort.

This is what is called a Non Scale Victory or NSV for short...or a weight loss victory not related to the numbers on the scale or tape measure. I decided I would share a few of my NSVs, things other people might not think are important, that have been huge milestones for me.

I have a BMI of 28.1!
Yes that means I am still overweight according to national standards but considering my BMI started at 37.4 less than a year ago...I think that is amazing! My doctor no longer tells me I am obese and I need to lose weight but instead encourages my new 'category' and weightloss. I like her more now!

My body fat is 29.2%!
Once again this means I am still overweight but I started at 51% body fat...I have lost almost half of my body fat. My ultimate body fat percent is 25%. Body fat percent is a better measure of your success than numbers on the scale. I still weigh 185, over weight for my height of 5'7", but my body fat is almost right on.

I ran my first 5k race!
I watched people run on the treadmill or around town and always felt a tinge of jealousy. I loved running in high school but hadn't braved it since gaining weight. I decided to change that. I started slow...running for a few seconds and walking a few minutes. Then I pushed myself to compete a mile under 13 minutes. Then two miles...and finally 3.1. Then I signed up for my first race and finished in 38 minutes. One of my highest accomplishments yet.

I put on a size 10!
Most women strive to be a 5...me I just wanted to fit in the clothes I wore before Scarlett was born. A 10 Jeans and medium top. I started out in an 18 and 2XL! A couple of weeks ago I put on my 10 and medium without any struggle or snugness..I felt amazing!

My collar bone shows now!
Weird right?! But it was one of my goals. I wanted to be able to see my collar bone. I think a slight show of the collar bone is super sexy and I worked hard to get mine out from under all that fat.

My calf muscles are defined!
All my running, and recent weight lifting, have paid off. I have defined calves. Another one of those goals I set...to see my calf muscles. Before I had fat legs with cankles, now I have sexy legs with calves and ankles.

Double chin...no more!
I avoided every camera because I hated my double chin (and my body). I felt I was too young to have a double chin. We went and did a family portrait last weekend and I smiled confidently without the fear of my double chin making an unwanted appearance.

I have my sexy back!
I lost my sexy after my weight gain. I wore baggy clothes to hide my shame and avoided places where I might run into people I knew beforehand. Now I feel sexy in my own skin again, and I'm not afraid to flaunt it. Dustin has ultimately felt the wham! of my returning sexy and he loves it!

We are ready for Moore #2!
Dustin and I want a second baby, but I wanted to wait until I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight from Scarlett (a healthy weight). I am! We have been trying to get pregnant for a while but no luck...so we will just keep practicing until we reach perfect. In reality I would be okay if it didn't happen I reached my goal weight!

And last but not least and needs no explanation ......

I love myself again!

After reading this I hope you will stop looking at your weight loss as just numbers and reevaluate it in terms of NSV moments. Even though you might think.it insignificant I assure you it is not...it is a stepping stone towards a healthier you!


Comments

  1. Great post! Keep up the good work, chica! :) GGS <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chobani, Bondi Bands, Allergies ...Oh My!

So recently I have had the amazing privilege and joy of trying out a couple of awesome products. I cannot wait to share either! GIVEAWAY TIME! I received a case of Chobani Flips to review...and as we all know yogurt is a staple in most healthy diets...especially mine. I have been a Chobani nut for over a year now. It is one of my favorite and most filling snacks, not to mention the protein ! It is a quick and easy breakfast if needed, or an awesome post-workout snack. And now that it is summertime it is super refreshing on a hot summer day! There were so many yummy types to try...and I could not wait to dig in! There were two of each, so 12 in total! They are fair in calories, low in sugar, and taste great. The day I got the case I did a little jig, and then hunted down a spoon. The first flip I sampled was the Almond Coco Loco ...                           IT WAS DIVINE!!!...and my favorite! Se...

Polka Dot Grins

I have a little white polka dot keepsake box. I found it at Beall's Outlet , and it only cost $3.99. It was a great bargain, and it is absolutely adorable. Yet, it is a confusing little polka dot box. Full of some of the most cherished, loved, prized memories...and full of some of the most indescribably painful, horrible, unforgettable pain. It's a cute white box with gold polka dots on the outside, and a light pink interior. It has a gold bow on the front. It makes a beautiful dust collector that now resides on top of my dresser, taking precedence over makeup and hair accessories. It sat there empty for a few days before I decided to use it for the purpose in which I bought it; to store some of my most precious keepsakes. Inside are the few items that I get to hold in place of my nephew. The few physical possessions that remind me that he really did exist. That he was more than just a victim. That he was a little pain in the rear while incubating. That he spent the first n...

One Year Later- No Less Heartache

Every time I have started working on the one year anniversary blog about John's death I back space it away. I just can't put into words what it is I would like to say. So I've decided to just let it all flow freely, and whatever comes out this time, stays...please forgive my rambling... I miss him. So much. You know the saying "you miss them so much it hurts". It's true. I miss him so much it hurts. It has hurt since September 5th 2016. It hurts just as much now as it did then. I know people say time heals, and it will get easier, but it doesn't. I move along in my life, yes, but I find myself stuck in a cold PICU room often. I can literally walk myself down the hall at Monroe Regional in my mind. My dad standing there in the corner of the hospital all alone. My mom puffy eyed from crying, coming out of the double doors. John being pushed through on a gurney to his helicopter flight. So many wires. So many devices being used to keep his frail and broke...