Skip to main content

Melanie's Modesty

Melanie is one of the most kind, caring, and loving women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She never has a bad thing to say about anyone, and she ALWAYS has a smile on her beautiful face. She loves Rich with every fiber of her being, and I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it must be for her to see him so down on himself.



Rich and Melanie lost their home to a fire. Melanie lost her home. She also lost her sweet dog, Abby.

As a woman I know that our homes help to define us. We make them a representation of our lives and our happiness. Our homes are our sanctuary.

Melanie had a gorgeous home, and the doors were always open to visitors. Her home was inviting and warm.

Now her home is gone.

The brick still stands. But it is no longer warm and inviting. It isn't a happy place. It is scary. It is heartbreaking. It is overwhelming.

She worries that no matter what they do...they will never get the smell out. In all honesty I don't think it is a smell any of us will ever forget, regardless of where we are. She jokes that her house is dirty. But I can tell that the jokes are a mask for the pain. A way to hide that she is sad, and discouraged...ready to give up. 

She stands and stares at her home in disbelief...a lot. We all catch her just standing there...looking...waiting to wake herself from this horrible nightmare. But its reality, and its hard to see her so upset.

She cries a lot. And sometimes she cries over what she thinks is something silly. I cry a lot and it didn't even happen to me directly. I never think she is silly for crying. I think she is incredibly strong. She goes out there everyday even though she doesn't want to. She helps dig even though it is physically taxing. She works in the cold right along side Rich...because like him she is determined that they will rebuild. She will have her home back.

She has even used her tragedy to try and teach a lesson. She has taken a couple of her great nieces down to the house and explained to them how dangerous fire is. And how dangerous it is to leave cords plugged in that are not being used.



Even through all of this though...she still has the biggest heart. You know what her biggest concern is...How will she ever repay everyone for all of their help/charity?!

She is worried that we expect something in return for being there for she and Rich in their time of need. Incredulous, I know.

And I can't even begin to describe in words how appreciative they are for any help they receive right now, whether its being there digging...or donating through the gofundme that was set up. They won't ask...but I will.

Please donate whatever you can, because it is going to take all of us to help them get their home back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Never Change

It has been almost 2 years since we held you last. The reality hit me like a truck this afternoon... I miss you just as much right now as I did 2 years ago. My body aches to feel you again. To see your smile. To kiss your fat face. They ache just as strongly now as they did 2 years ago. The pain hasn't lessened, the longing hasn't passed...and I still think it is not fair that I can't leave work and pick you up for a fun filled weekend. Time hasn't healed any of our wounds. They still seep with longing, pain, and emptiness. I can still envision the nightmare facing us at the end of the hallway at the hospital. Your tiny frame in a massive bed hooked to so many life saving devices. The incredible high of hearing your heart was beating; they'd revived you. Thinking there was a chance; only to be told that there wasn't. She had hurt you more than they could fix. That incredible low of knowing you wouldn't get to go home with us ever again. I can s

Chobani, Bondi Bands, Allergies ...Oh My!

So recently I have had the amazing privilege and joy of trying out a couple of awesome products. I cannot wait to share either! GIVEAWAY TIME! I received a case of Chobani Flips to review...and as we all know yogurt is a staple in most healthy diets...especially mine. I have been a Chobani nut for over a year now. It is one of my favorite and most filling snacks, not to mention the protein ! It is a quick and easy breakfast if needed, or an awesome post-workout snack. And now that it is summertime it is super refreshing on a hot summer day! There were so many yummy types to try...and I could not wait to dig in! There were two of each, so 12 in total! They are fair in calories, low in sugar, and taste great. The day I got the case I did a little jig, and then hunted down a spoon. The first flip I sampled was the Almond Coco Loco ...                           IT WAS DIVINE!!!...and my favorite! Second to that was the Key Lime Crumble ! I have eaten all of them but

Tax (Heart) Break

It's tax season again, and I sat down tonight and began working on my taxes. As I was working through the dependents questions, one hit me right in the heart. The question asks if you had a child die the year before. You don't give that question much thought if you have never been to a child's funeral. That question made me stop and think about how fortunate I am to select no. And how not all of us are quite so lucky. The guilt that ate as me, when I selected no, knowing that a year ago my sister had to select yes. It has been almost a year since Nora was arrested for the 1st Degree murder of my nephew John. If you know us, you know all too well what happened to our baby. If not, you can scan back through several of my other blogs and get a pretty good representation of the nightmare our family has been living in. Photo Courtesy - MichelleRusell.com It's hard to not think about Nora. I have a very vivid imagination, and when I see her face in mugshots I pictur