I originally found this recipe on Pinterest but I tweaked it quite a bit for my own preference and lack of some of the required ingredients. However they turned out scrumptious! One of my best quinoa recipes yet! It's even toddler approved!
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup butter (I use I can't believe it's not butter)
3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
3 large eggs
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels(personal choice)
1) Start by greasing an 8x8 baking dish and preheating oven at 350°.
2) Mix salt and flour, set aside.
3) Melt butter and olive oil on low heat. When melted mix in cocoa powder. After that is well mixed, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
4) While chocolate cooks whip together the eggs, sugars, extract until nice and creamy. Slowly mix in chocolate. Mix well.
5) In small patches mix in flour mixture until well blended. Repeat with the quinoa.
6) Add in chocolate morsels if you prefer.
Bake at 350° until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with milk and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings!
27 g carbs