Skip to main content

Fitness Is Their Second Nature

As you may know I have two very beautiful and perfect reasons for getting healthy and changing my life. I do it not only for myself but for them, and Dustin, so that I am around to see all their great milestones and achievements in life.

When I began this journey, I was the only one involved. I made myself separate meals, worked out alone, and didn't push to make it a family change. Then I began to realize that it was making it ten times harder for me. All the bad food laying around tempting me. Seeing them soak into the tv and couch. I knew if I didn't make this a family thing, Scarlett would be like me in 20 years. Overweight and trying to figure it all out via Google.

I started slowly weeding junk out of their diets. We never allowed her soda or much candy anyways, so thankfully I didn't have to kick those bad habits. I started cooking more healthy meals with lots of veggies. Introduced her to quinoa...which she loves. Included her in the cooking process. And poor Dustin he just coped and was supportive because he too realized that even though he is tall and slim he has high blood pressure and cholesterol. And I don't. And I have 30 pounds on him.

This started almost a year and a half ago. Now eating healthy and exercise issue second nature to Scarlett. Dustin still won't exercise, but he does have a very physically demanding job as a diesel mechanic, but he doesn't complain about the lack of junk food anymore. Scarlett will eat a green bell pepper over a chocolate bar any day, and her favorite meal is anything I'm eating. She's always stealing my protein shakes.

Evan is still too young to eat, but I do strap him on and include him in our walks. Starting him earlier than I did Scarlett. When I watch her now, I don't have that fear she will be overweight and underactive anymore. I know this is her lifestyle because I have made it so, and it is second nature to her.

No more fretting mommy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Never Change

It has been almost 2 years since we held you last. The reality hit me like a truck this afternoon... I miss you just as much right now as I did 2 years ago. My body aches to feel you again. To see your smile. To kiss your fat face. They ache just as strongly now as they did 2 years ago. The pain hasn't lessened, the longing hasn't passed...and I still think it is not fair that I can't leave work and pick you up for a fun filled weekend. Time hasn't healed any of our wounds. They still seep with longing, pain, and emptiness. I can still envision the nightmare facing us at the end of the hallway at the hospital. Your tiny frame in a massive bed hooked to so many life saving devices. The incredible high of hearing your heart was beating; they'd revived you. Thinking there was a chance; only to be told that there wasn't. She had hurt you more than they could fix. That incredible low of knowing you wouldn't get to go home with us ever again. I can s

Chobani, Bondi Bands, Allergies ...Oh My!

So recently I have had the amazing privilege and joy of trying out a couple of awesome products. I cannot wait to share either! GIVEAWAY TIME! I received a case of Chobani Flips to review...and as we all know yogurt is a staple in most healthy diets...especially mine. I have been a Chobani nut for over a year now. It is one of my favorite and most filling snacks, not to mention the protein ! It is a quick and easy breakfast if needed, or an awesome post-workout snack. And now that it is summertime it is super refreshing on a hot summer day! There were so many yummy types to try...and I could not wait to dig in! There were two of each, so 12 in total! They are fair in calories, low in sugar, and taste great. The day I got the case I did a little jig, and then hunted down a spoon. The first flip I sampled was the Almond Coco Loco ...                           IT WAS DIVINE!!!...and my favorite! Second to that was the Key Lime Crumble ! I have eaten all of them but

Tax (Heart) Break

It's tax season again, and I sat down tonight and began working on my taxes. As I was working through the dependents questions, one hit me right in the heart. The question asks if you had a child die the year before. You don't give that question much thought if you have never been to a child's funeral. That question made me stop and think about how fortunate I am to select no. And how not all of us are quite so lucky. The guilt that ate as me, when I selected no, knowing that a year ago my sister had to select yes. It has been almost a year since Nora was arrested for the 1st Degree murder of my nephew John. If you know us, you know all too well what happened to our baby. If not, you can scan back through several of my other blogs and get a pretty good representation of the nightmare our family has been living in. Photo Courtesy - MichelleRusell.com It's hard to not think about Nora. I have a very vivid imagination, and when I see her face in mugshots I pictur