Skip to main content

A Little Fiji In My Life, Plus Some Berries

I honestly don't know many people that just love water and its lack of flavor. It is work for everyone to make sure that they drink adequate amounts of water, not just to have something to drink, but to remain hydrated. I live in the grand ol' "Sunshine State", (Florida for those that don't know) and it is HOTTTT! Not only is it ridiculously hot in the summer, but it is so humid that you pour sweat while sitting on your derriere. I have watched my hardworking and wonderful husband Dustin work in this heat with sweat just running down his arms. You can dehydrate in as little as a couple of hours in Florida due to the humidity. I cannot even begin to explain how important it is for all of us to drink adequate amounts of water.

All of that being said, I have decided to share some facts about water consumption and dehydration while drinking my Fiji Water infused with Mio Water Enhancer (Acai Berry) and some fresh blueberries!



What are the benefits to drinking this bland stuff called water?
Well the number one benefit is it keeps you alive. That simple honestly. Our bodies are comprised of 60% water. So in order to maintain the ability to breathe, you need water. Water maintains our organ functions as well as just about every other thing our bodies do. So...yeah...it is a big deal.

*Facts courtesy of Mayo Clinic*

How much water does the average adult need?
-The average adult female needs at least 2.2 liters of water a day to maintain body fluid levels.
-The average adult male needs at least 3 liters of water a day to maintain body fluids.
-If you live in a more humid climate (like Florida) they recommend you drink 1 extra liter per day for males and females.

What is dehydration and what are the signs?
Dehydration occurs when you have too many fluids being taken from the body and not enough are being put back in to replace those fluids. Water is lost from our bodies in more than just sweat. We lose water every time we use the restroom or breathe even. Severe dehydration can even result in death, so that goes to show how important this water stuff is to humans.

Increased thirst
Dry mouth and swollen tongue
Weakness
Dizziness
Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding)
Confusion
Sluggishness 
Fainting
Inability to sweat
Decreased urine output

So the whole point of all this information about water is just that you need it. You should drink plenty of it. You should try it different ways. You should infuse with fruit. You should drink plenty of it. You should make sure to watch you and loved ones for signs of dehydration. And well...like I said before...you should drink plenty of it. 

ITS SUMMERTIME...DON'T LET

 DEHYDRATION GET YOU DOWN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Never Change

It has been almost 2 years since we held you last. The reality hit me like a truck this afternoon... I miss you just as much right now as I did 2 years ago. My body aches to feel you again. To see your smile. To kiss your fat face. They ache just as strongly now as they did 2 years ago. The pain hasn't lessened, the longing hasn't passed...and I still think it is not fair that I can't leave work and pick you up for a fun filled weekend. Time hasn't healed any of our wounds. They still seep with longing, pain, and emptiness. I can still envision the nightmare facing us at the end of the hallway at the hospital. Your tiny frame in a massive bed hooked to so many life saving devices. The incredible high of hearing your heart was beating; they'd revived you. Thinking there was a chance; only to be told that there wasn't. She had hurt you more than they could fix. That incredible low of knowing you wouldn't get to go home with us ever again. I can s

Chobani, Bondi Bands, Allergies ...Oh My!

So recently I have had the amazing privilege and joy of trying out a couple of awesome products. I cannot wait to share either! GIVEAWAY TIME! I received a case of Chobani Flips to review...and as we all know yogurt is a staple in most healthy diets...especially mine. I have been a Chobani nut for over a year now. It is one of my favorite and most filling snacks, not to mention the protein ! It is a quick and easy breakfast if needed, or an awesome post-workout snack. And now that it is summertime it is super refreshing on a hot summer day! There were so many yummy types to try...and I could not wait to dig in! There were two of each, so 12 in total! They are fair in calories, low in sugar, and taste great. The day I got the case I did a little jig, and then hunted down a spoon. The first flip I sampled was the Almond Coco Loco ...                           IT WAS DIVINE!!!...and my favorite! Second to that was the Key Lime Crumble ! I have eaten all of them but

Tax (Heart) Break

It's tax season again, and I sat down tonight and began working on my taxes. As I was working through the dependents questions, one hit me right in the heart. The question asks if you had a child die the year before. You don't give that question much thought if you have never been to a child's funeral. That question made me stop and think about how fortunate I am to select no. And how not all of us are quite so lucky. The guilt that ate as me, when I selected no, knowing that a year ago my sister had to select yes. It has been almost a year since Nora was arrested for the 1st Degree murder of my nephew John. If you know us, you know all too well what happened to our baby. If not, you can scan back through several of my other blogs and get a pretty good representation of the nightmare our family has been living in. Photo Courtesy - MichelleRusell.com It's hard to not think about Nora. I have a very vivid imagination, and when I see her face in mugshots I pictur