Skip to main content

FitBit Zip Review

I have fallen in love all over again (sorry Dustin I am having an affair with a piece of technology).

On Black Friday we ventured out to have lunch with some friends, and putzed around a few stores. We wandered into the Best Buy and amidst the hectic confusion, I found my way to the fitness area. The Aria Scale is what originally caught my eye, and right beneath it was the FitBit Zip and FitBit One. The Zip was $49 and the One was $99. I looked at the difference between the two to determine which would better suit my needs, and what the price difference is.

The difference between the two is the One has a sleep tracker and stair tracker, where the Zip does not. Personally I sleep great and do not need help with that, and I live in Florida. It is flat. The most stairs I climb are the four going into my parents house when we go to visit. Once I realized that was where the price difference was I decided it was not $50 worthy and went with the cheaper, the Zip.

It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made!

The FitBit Zip is a fitness tracker that records the time, your steps taken, distance traveled, and calories burned. It then takes all of this information and sends it to a wireless sync dongle attached to your computer, and uses said information to help you determine how active you are and recommend a calorie intake. I say again...best purchase ever. I am far less active than I thought and had over calculated my intake, which has in turn slowed my weight loss.

Most calculators had my TDEE at 2400-2600 calories a day...my TDEE according to FitBit is around 2000 a day. Big Difference!

In order to use FitBit you need a device, Internet connection, and you have to set up a FitBit account (which is free). There is also a free app for IPhone and Android phones. Some IPhones can sync the device via bluetooth, but android cannot yet..coming soon according to the website. The Zip stores up to 7 days worth of information so that you do not need to sync everyday, even though it is recommended that you do. If you have a MyFitnessPal, MFP and FitBit work together. Which is fantastic because FitBit adjusts my calories and it shows on MFP meaning I do not have to go between the two all day.

The device itself is tiny and you can place it anywhere, without it being seen. I clip it to the inside of my bra. I purchased the magenta one...I love anything pink. It comes in a variety of colors. It is 1.4 inches by 1.1 inches, and comes with a silicone and metal case/clip. It has a LCD screen that you just tap to go from one stat to the next, but it does not have a back light, which sucks at if you are a night owl. It is supposed to be sweat, rain, and splash proof but not water proof. So keep it dry. It is battery powered and does not require charging. The batteries are supposed to have a life span of 6 months or so, and you can view the battery level on the site.



I am so in love with this product. I hear that the One is better but I am a bit of a tight wad and this was more budget friendly. I have zero complaints. I have been looking into the FitBit family for a while, and it has been one of the best decisions I have made yet. I cannot regard this product any more highly than I have. Hope this persuades someone to buy one..you will not regret it (I do not work for the company fyi).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Never Change

It has been almost 2 years since we held you last. The reality hit me like a truck this afternoon... I miss you just as much right now as I did 2 years ago. My body aches to feel you again. To see your smile. To kiss your fat face. They ache just as strongly now as they did 2 years ago. The pain hasn't lessened, the longing hasn't passed...and I still think it is not fair that I can't leave work and pick you up for a fun filled weekend. Time hasn't healed any of our wounds. They still seep with longing, pain, and emptiness. I can still envision the nightmare facing us at the end of the hallway at the hospital. Your tiny frame in a massive bed hooked to so many life saving devices. The incredible high of hearing your heart was beating; they'd revived you. Thinking there was a chance; only to be told that there wasn't. She had hurt you more than they could fix. That incredible low of knowing you wouldn't get to go home with us ever again. I can s

Tax (Heart) Break

It's tax season again, and I sat down tonight and began working on my taxes. As I was working through the dependents questions, one hit me right in the heart. The question asks if you had a child die the year before. You don't give that question much thought if you have never been to a child's funeral. That question made me stop and think about how fortunate I am to select no. And how not all of us are quite so lucky. The guilt that ate as me, when I selected no, knowing that a year ago my sister had to select yes. It has been almost a year since Nora was arrested for the 1st Degree murder of my nephew John. If you know us, you know all too well what happened to our baby. If not, you can scan back through several of my other blogs and get a pretty good representation of the nightmare our family has been living in. Photo Courtesy - MichelleRusell.com It's hard to not think about Nora. I have a very vivid imagination, and when I see her face in mugshots I pictur

One Year Later- No Less Heartache

Every time I have started working on the one year anniversary blog about John's death I back space it away. I just can't put into words what it is I would like to say. So I've decided to just let it all flow freely, and whatever comes out this time, stays...please forgive my rambling... I miss him. So much. You know the saying "you miss them so much it hurts". It's true. I miss him so much it hurts. It has hurt since September 5th 2016. It hurts just as much now as it did then. I know people say time heals, and it will get easier, but it doesn't. I move along in my life, yes, but I find myself stuck in a cold PICU room often. I can literally walk myself down the hall at Monroe Regional in my mind. My dad standing there in the corner of the hospital all alone. My mom puffy eyed from crying, coming out of the double doors. John being pushed through on a gurney to his helicopter flight. So many wires. So many devices being used to keep his frail and broke