Skip to main content

Free For All 5k

Did my second 5k today(November 10, 2012). That is 2 in two Weeks! Woohoo!
It was at another nature park, but this time the path was paved, and much easier to run. Only complaint was having to dodge doggy poo because people were allowed to bring dogs, and none of them picked up after their pets! So rude and inconsiderate!

This was a much smaller group this time, probably only about 100 competitors. So I figured I had a good chance of winning because it was being done by age groups. Sadly I did not win a medal by 34 seconds but I am proud of myself either way!

Even though it was a paved path, I was slower today by a minute, my time was 40:22, but I also did not get enough sleep this week. Sleep is so super important when you are an avid runner, it provides your muscles with the time they need for repair.

During the race I kind of fell behind due to a cramp in a thigh muscle I bruised really bad when I walked into the corner of a cabinet, but as I started to catch up I would find a person in the crowd, put them on my radar, and make a challenge for myself to pass them. It's amazing what you can do when you give yourself mini challenges. And when I reached the 3 mile mark, like I always do, I sprinted to the finish. I don't have my start and finish photos yet, but as  soon as I do I will edit them in.

I had a blast and it was for a good cause. All the money was being raised to provide a free concert within my local community, to give kids something to do so they are not on the streets. That is something I am totally willing to support.

I also received my first ever t-shirt from a race and my second bib! Yay me! I have officially started my drawer for race tees and a folder for my bibs. How awesome is that? If you are new to racing too, I recommend you do the same. I write the date, name of the race, and my time on it. That way I can look back one day and see my improvements and cherish those moments!

Next race for me is November 22, The Turkey Trot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chobani, Bondi Bands, Allergies ...Oh My!

So recently I have had the amazing privilege and joy of trying out a couple of awesome products. I cannot wait to share either! GIVEAWAY TIME! I received a case of Chobani Flips to review...and as we all know yogurt is a staple in most healthy diets...especially mine. I have been a Chobani nut for over a year now. It is one of my favorite and most filling snacks, not to mention the protein ! It is a quick and easy breakfast if needed, or an awesome post-workout snack. And now that it is summertime it is super refreshing on a hot summer day! There were so many yummy types to try...and I could not wait to dig in! There were two of each, so 12 in total! They are fair in calories, low in sugar, and taste great. The day I got the case I did a little jig, and then hunted down a spoon. The first flip I sampled was the Almond Coco Loco ...                           IT WAS DIVINE!!!...and my favorite! Se...

Polka Dot Grins

I have a little white polka dot keepsake box. I found it at Beall's Outlet , and it only cost $3.99. It was a great bargain, and it is absolutely adorable. Yet, it is a confusing little polka dot box. Full of some of the most cherished, loved, prized memories...and full of some of the most indescribably painful, horrible, unforgettable pain. It's a cute white box with gold polka dots on the outside, and a light pink interior. It has a gold bow on the front. It makes a beautiful dust collector that now resides on top of my dresser, taking precedence over makeup and hair accessories. It sat there empty for a few days before I decided to use it for the purpose in which I bought it; to store some of my most precious keepsakes. Inside are the few items that I get to hold in place of my nephew. The few physical possessions that remind me that he really did exist. That he was more than just a victim. That he was a little pain in the rear while incubating. That he spent the first n...

One Year Later- No Less Heartache

Every time I have started working on the one year anniversary blog about John's death I back space it away. I just can't put into words what it is I would like to say. So I've decided to just let it all flow freely, and whatever comes out this time, stays...please forgive my rambling... I miss him. So much. You know the saying "you miss them so much it hurts". It's true. I miss him so much it hurts. It has hurt since September 5th 2016. It hurts just as much now as it did then. I know people say time heals, and it will get easier, but it doesn't. I move along in my life, yes, but I find myself stuck in a cold PICU room often. I can literally walk myself down the hall at Monroe Regional in my mind. My dad standing there in the corner of the hospital all alone. My mom puffy eyed from crying, coming out of the double doors. John being pushed through on a gurney to his helicopter flight. So many wires. So many devices being used to keep his frail and broke...